In the USA and Worldwide
External web links will be framed inside TenantRights.Net web site by default. To break away from our frame in your browser, click-hold any link and select "Open Link in New Window"
- California Housing Law Project <HousingAdvocates.org> -
The California Housing Law Project has represented legal services programs, local government housing agencies, nonprofit housing developers, and tenant and senior organizations in the state legislature on affordable housing and tenants rights issues for the past two decades. Their web site, provides news and action alerts related to
affordable housing as well as statistics, links and information on pending
legislation in California.
California Housing Law Project, 1225 8th Street, Suite 425, Sacramento CA 95814
- site review paraphrased from email rece'd 2001 June 17 Su. from Marc Brown of CHLP. Phone number nonpublished by request (email 2001 June 18Mo).
- California Tenant Law <CalTenantLaw.com> - "provides free legal information in a broad variety of areas to tenants". Provides referrals to private attorneys.
(hq: Glendale, CA)
- The Coalition for Jobs, Arts & Housing <CJAH.org> -
web site excerpts: "The Coalition for Jobs, Arts & Housing is a community based association of artists, businesses and residents who are working to protect industry, business, artists and low and moderate income residents from the threat of displacement by luxury condos disguised as "artists' live/work lofts. CJAH supports responsible development that provides housing and protects jobs, small business and industry. CJAH supports housing that works for all San Franciscans: renters, low-to-moderate income people, families, group houses, seniors, the disabled."
- Greedy San Fransisco Landlord <GreedySFLandlord.com> -
web site excerpts: "GreedySFLandlord.com seeks only to give San Franciscans a place to discuss housing issues in a mature and respectful manner."
- Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco <HRCSF.org> -
web site excerpts: "HRCSF is a tenants' rights organization with a 20-year history of educating, advocating, and agitating for tenants' rights in San Francisco.
We provide the following services to tenants city-wide: free tenants' rights counseling;, tenant organizing assistance;, Legislative advocacy and agitation on tenants' rights issues."
942 Market St., #303
- NextEviction.com - web site excerpts: "a resource of info and inside commentary regarding the issue of artists' evictions, particularly in Oakland."
- Oakland Tenants Union
4043 Piedmont Avenue #227, Oakland, CA 94611
- San Francisco city govt.
San Francisco Rent Board <ci.sf.ca.us/rentbd> -
25 Van Ness Ave., Ste. 320, San Francisco, CA 94102-6033
(415) 252-4600 - (415) 252-4602 (counseling)
- San Fransisco Renter <SFRenter.com> -
tenant resources and tenant rights listings
- San Fransisco Tenant's Union <SFTU.org> -
"Fighting for tenant rights and affordable housing since 1971"
558 Capp St., San Fransisco, CA 94110
- Legal Aid Society of Santa Clara County <LegalAidSociety.org> -
Evictions & landlord-tenant disputes are one of their main assistence areas.
address: Legal Aid Society of Santa Clara County
W. Robert Morgan Legal Services Center
480 North First St. (at Empire St.), San Jose, California 95112
USA- New York (state)
- HousingCrisisCenter.org -
web site excerpts: "The purpose of the Housing Crisis Center is to prevent homelessness and to stabilize families, the elderly, and the disabled in decent, affordable, permanent housing and to empower these groups to solve their own housing problems in the future."
3108 Live Oak St., Dallas, TX 75204
USA- Washington (state)
- The Tenants Union <TenantsUnion.org> -
web site excerpts: "The Tenants Union is a non-profit, membership-based organization that has been providing information to Washington State tenants and fighting for stronger tenants' rights since 1976."
(206) 723-0500 - TDD (206)723-0523 (for the hearing-impaired)
- Advisory Service for Squatters <squat.freeserve.co.uk> -
web site excerpts: "Advisory Service for Squatters (ASS) is an unpaid collective of workers who have been running a daily advice service for squatters and homeless people since 1975. It grew out of the former Family Squatters Advisory Service, which was founded in the late 1960s." ASS has published "Squatters Handbook" since 1976."
ASS, 2 St Paul's Road, London N1 2QN
020 7359 8814
- alt.uk.squat - a newsgroup for squatters
Lots more global links to come!